The measured happiness levels of the San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara metropolitan statistical area (MSA), ranked eighth in the entire U.S., effectively puts it in second place in state rankings. The study, first conducted in 2008, looked at five key areas—purpose, social, financial, physical, and community—to determine the overall well-being of an area. The Bay Area (specifically, six major communities) has developed an impressive track record of maintaining its presence in the list for years. This is due in no small part of one of its strong points: access to healthcare.
Santa Clara County ranks high on healthcare out of all 58 counties of California. Below are the county’s healthcare accolades, according to Livability.
- Health outcomes (3rd out of 58) – Residents live longer and feel better than 95 percent of the state.
- Health factors (4th out of 58) – The county has a more conducive physical and social environment compared with 93 percent of the state.
- Healthy behaviors (5th out of 58) – Residents maintain a healthy lifestyle more frequently than 91 percent of the state.
- Healthcare spending – 21.7 percent lower than the national average.
- Under-30 BMI residents – 79 percent of the adult population
- Nonsmoking residents – 90 percent of the adult population
Of course, this distinction doesn’t stop residents from maintaining a clean bill of health. As new strains of diseases emerge and pose a risk to even the healthiest individuals, healthy lifestyles become more important than ever. Diet, exercise, and rest are equally important, but these steps can’t stop the rampage of new diseases by themselves.
Cupertino urgent care centers like U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group know what really needs to be done when you catch a flu or feel queasy. A thorough checkup may reveal more than just the signs of flu. Perhaps something else is wreaking all sorts of havoc upon your body. Dealing with the root of the problem will see the rest of the maladies fall like dominoes.
Your body develops countermeasures every time it gets hit with a disease, and greater fitness would help you get back on your feet faster. Keep a healthy lifestyle and stay in touch with Cupertino urgent care experts so that you won’t have to worry too much.
Bay Area ranks among top communities for “well-being”, KRON 4, April 7, 2015
North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida, Tops Large Communities in Well-Being, Gallup, April 6, 2015